Thursday, August 4, 2011

where forever started

I figure I should start all the way back at day 1, so this WHOLE adventure is documented:)
                            
                                 HOW WE MET...

It's pretty funny how everything works out and falls into place. I'll I have to say, is the Lord, really wanted to make sure Tucker and I crossed paths...


It all began when I got phone call to come help coach the Utah Flight Basketball Club. It was towards the end of their summer season and they needed another coach to help out in practice and come to the tournament in Oregon City, so I jumped on board at the last minute. Also last minute, was the recruiting of a player name Cassidy Fraughton--the master behind it all. We were needing another player for the third team and literally picked her up a week before heading to Oregon. As I got to know Cass better and better, she realized she couldn't live life without me;) We were in Oregon City for the tournament at the end of June, driving down the freeway in a 15 passenger van, and it was then that she asked me if I was dating anybody, I said that I actually just got out of relationship. She said, "Perfect, you should date my brother!" I said, "Sure, I'll let him take me out." So she snapped a picture of me and sent it off to him with a message saying, "Hey, you should date my coach." So as soon as we got back to the hotel, she showed me his facebook, and his picture did NOT do him justice. I just thought, hmmm, he's okay, at least one date will be fun. Then all the sudden Cass calls Tuck and asks if I want to talk to him, but before I could answer, shoves the phone to my face. So our first conversion went something like this...
"Hey, how's it going?
Good, how are you?
Pretty good.
Sweet.
So how bout your sister, she's pretty funny huh?
Yup.
Well, I'll let you talk to her now.
K.
Alrighty, talk to you later.
See ya.
Bye.
Bye."
Pretty awkward actually.. Anyways, he text me that night and said, "How bout we cut out the middle man" and from there we text back and forth, here and there. But he was working for Cornerstone and was gone pretty much the whole month of July and I was going on road trips with my girlfriends. There was one time we were both home that he invited me over to a bonfire at his friends house, but my buddies said not to go, cuz the first time you guys meet, he's gotta come to you. So we just continued to text. And finally at the beginning of August, he text me and said, "I think we should meet", I said "sure" and he asks me where I live, and shows up at my house and hour later. Right when I opened the door, I thought, "Wow! He is way cuter than his facebook pictures!" I'm not sure if it was my sweaty cut-off and b-ball shorts that won him over or my good looks, but the sparks flew and we talked all night long. I tried to impress him with one of my delicious fruit smoothies, but it was a new fruit mix I tired and it was actually kind of gross. ha! Ironically, he had just done a show in Washington and when I told him that's where I'm from he laughed cuz he said there was some pretty creepy hicks there. We laughed all night, dogged on each other, and ended up cursing each other's kids. Little did we know we would get married a year later and our kids would be each others:) So we hit it off that night and started some unforgettable 11 months of dating before we got engaged!

No comments:

Post a Comment