Friday, August 26, 2011

the dating continues...


One thing I loved about our dating is that both of our families were very involved form the beginning. Since Tuck was living at home when we met, I got to know his family very well  as we would spend a lot of time over there. Also, since my parents got a house in American Fork and stayed there basically all winter because of basketball season, Tuck was able to get to know my family fairly well too. We would have Sunday dinners at each other's family's and have movie and game nights too!

By this time in our dating it had gotten more and more serious. I remember a few specific chats that really changed our relationship.

--First of all, the night on the front porch swing where Tuck asked me if I thought this was going somewhere and if he should quit his awesome job at Cornerstone so he wouldn't be gone all the time and we could spend more time together. That was a huge decision for Tuck and it put us a huge step forward.

--Next, the night on we sat on his tailgate after glow stick fishing and he brought up the "M" word. Which had been a fear for both of us before this relationship. It was amazing how calm I felt about it when he brought it up.

--Also, the night up the canyon when we had tin foil dinners with the YBH girls. Tuck and I left to another campsite and talked about us actual getting married and the timing of things. Would we get married before season or wait until after season?

--Last, in blockbuster when we were renting a movie to watch, we talked and agreed that it needed to happen before season, which meant we would be getting married very soon!

When I Knew...

Glendwood-Found this bike and took it for a spin


Backing up a tad, it was springtime that I really started thinking about spending my life with this guy and I knew he was the one after the trip with the family to Glenwood. It's a tradition in the Fraughton family that they go down to Glenwood during conference weekend, ride four wheelers, dutch oven cooking, and of course watch conference together. It was the first weekend in April, so it was conference and easter; we stayed in their bishop's cabin/house and we had a blast! We rode the four wheelers high enough up the mountain that we hit snow, and of course that means we had a snow fight:) I'm pretty sure Travis got it all on tape too. Good times! It was after this trip that I knew he was the one I wanted to marry. I didn't tell him right away, but continued to let things work themselves out just as perfectly as they had thus far. 

Glenwood-watching conference

No comments:

Post a Comment