Sunday, August 28, 2011

takin' Tuck home

It was time, Tuck needed to come home to Washington. He had already met my whole fam because they all came to Utah for Christmas, so he didn't need to go to "meet the fam". But he did need to officially ask Poppa J for my hand. Besides all that, I really really wanted to share my small town experience and memories with him. I had never taken a guy home with me and I was super super excited to share it all with the love of my life. We drove down the last week of June and made it back for the 4th of July.

Jubilee Lake @ Cabin

Hangin out on Sunday
It was awesome sharing something so special to me with someone so special to me. I got to take him around the farm, showed him my elementary, junior high, and high school. Even took him on the long Hendricks drive I took to school every morning. We also took him all around the Mercantile and we celebrated Jayce's Birthday there. And of course took him to church and he told me he felt like "the last chocolate chip on a cookie." Ha! All eyes were on him, and everyone wanted to talk to him and meet him. Then of course we spend a couple days up at the cabin, boy did he love that! We canoed, jet skied, went on a hike, paddle boat ride, and had some yummy hot dogs and s'mores over the fire. It was an amazing trip and we ended it by stopping by Pocatello at the Wood Family Reunion on our drive back to Utah.

swimming and planting flowers for mommy


             The Mercantile












Jayce's Birthday Party at the Mercantile was a riot! We started with a train ride, then we had an awesome bbq in the big red barn and did cake and presents. Then Tuck & I raced on the blow up obstacle course a few times (cuz I won, then he won, then I won, then he won--we are both very competitive). Next we rode the cute carousel with all the kiddies. Last, we got some delicious ice cream cones and took pictures with these awesome balloons;)




     



         The Cabin

hot dogs/s'mores @ the cabin

Some Tuck & Cori Time...







the lovely progression of our jet ski ride after aaron told tuck to "take me for a good one"..
me: "please don't tip us", tuck: "oh don't you worry", us: "wee", me: "oh if I go--your coming", us: tip, us: "oh yeay that was fun", us: hug... the end


trying to show off this awesome double-cartwheel tyrel and shelby taught us...
"let's see... how do we do this again?"


and SUCCESS!!!

Welcome Home

This is the beautiful sunset that welcomed us when we made it back to utah! So we grabbed jan and ran up to the temple to take this awesome picture. 

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo glad that you are posting these memories...you will be so glad you did too. It makes it so you can remember things so much more clearly & also relive them. Dad & I are headed up to the cabin this afternoon. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete